Friday, November 30, 2007

What will Little Bear wear?

A vintage sweater
Handmade pants

And hedgehog socks today!


As promised, here are some pictures of my pre-Thanksgiving baby sewing project. Pants for my Baby Bear.


The pattern is view B from the Japanese sewing book from yesterday's post, New York Style. The pants are made from a pair of the Professor's old khakis and fully lined in buttery soft flannel. I cut them out a bit smaller than the 6 month-size pattern, which worked out just right.
The sweet vintage sweater was in the doll clothes drawer at my mother's house. It was my brother's when he was wee, and she asked if I'd like it for my little one. Of course! It is just right with these.


Next time I make these pants I'm going to pay better attention to pocket placement. These are little too low on the leg and far apart.


Hedgie sockies to finish!

Christmas gift making is coming along, and I have to say, it feels wonderful to already have a good start made. Two gifts are finished, a wee and a baby ball, and three more are almost done. One of the girls' robes is cut out with the darts sewn, and everything else is planned with supplies (mostly) purchased. The Wonderbug and Truffle were so helpful with sewing this morning. They chose the fabrics for the two baby balls, stuffed them, and the Wonderbug even stitched one shut for me. I'll share pictures when I get some taken.

Until then... Happy Christmas crafting!

No comments: